Actor Priyanka Chopra says she picks contentment over competition. “Every ­person needs to be content with the work they are doing. I am in competition with myself and not with the world,” says the 32-year-old actor, who feels that being in the showbiz was her destiny.

“I was studying to be an engineer. But I now know that this (the film industry) was my destiny, and this is my ­calling. I feel like a child in a china shop,” says Priyanka, who has also turned a producer.

She says this is a good time to be in films. “This is  an interesting time to be in the industry. As a woman, I feel great about the fact that scripts are being written for me, characters are being sketched keeping me in mind and I am getting amazing work.

Girls aren’t a prop anymore,” says the actor whose woman-centric film, Mary Kom, crossed the `100-crore mark.
And at a time when ­saying ‘awards don’t ­matter to me’ has become the ‘it’ thing in the film industry, PeeCee feels ­otherwise.
 “How you feel about awards is an ­individual thing. In my opinion, these are a token of appreciation for the  good work that we do.

I see awards as encouragement and motivation to do better than what we are doing, and ­as a mark of people’s  faith in our work,” says Priyanka, who has also been declared the ­sexiest Asian woman of 2014 according to a British newspaper poll.

This is not the first time that she has won the title — she has won it earlier, too, but she says that does not take away the ­excitement.

 “It’s extremely flattering  to have been voted so. For a few seconds, it made me feel wonderful about the ­support and faith I have from people,” says a ­grateful PeeCee, who has also earned many new fans through her ­international music ­stint.

0 comments:

Pages

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.